Site Description

This Blog is a collection of messages we have sent in response to inquiries on a number of issues, as well as selections from announcements and other resources. It constitutes a FAQ page for many elements of the Graduate Program in History at Loyola University Chicago. If you have any questions, first carefully consult the web site for the program. Then, look and search these posts (via site search and labels). If you still have questions about details, first contact the Graduate Program Secretary, Lillian Hardison (ljung@luc.edu). If you have particular questions about the Public History program, contact Professor Ted Karamanski (tkarama@luc.edu). All best!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Accelerated Ph.D.; Apply for Ph.D and/or MA?

QUESTION:
I saw that I could apply for the fast track 2 1/2 year doctorate program. If I don't get into the program for the fast track doctorate degree, then I would be perfectly fine doing my studies the traditional way starting at Loyola with a masters and then finishing at Loyola with my doctorate. I am wondering, however, how do I go about the application. Do I fill out two applications? One for the fast track doctorate program and one for the masters program or can I fill out one.


ANSWER: 
Thank you very much for your interest in our program.  In regard to your question about applying for the accelerated program, I recommend that you go ahead and  apply for the doctoral program because we make those decisions first.  But you should also state in your personal statement (toward the end) that you wish to be considered for the MA program, if your are not admitted into the doctoral program.  Then, we will know to shift your application over to the MA if necessary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment